Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Week 14

Welcome Winston Hall to the Phoenix Golf League!

Winston pays his admission fee.

Two more weeks to go and the race for the top spot just got tighter. With the team of Kearns / Russell falling to Deyette / Stadnicki, there are 3 teams tied for first.

This has been the closest race, I’ve seen. There are still 6 teams, who have a shot at the title and one team with a slim chance but not mathematically out (but I’m not doing the scenarios for them).

SandBagger of the Week: ME! I was trying to avenge my previous loss to Kevin, when he shot a 39 (gross) against me. I didn’t shoot a 39 but I did play well enough to shoot a net 32.

Byrdie Club: If you’re not a member yet, you have two more weeks to join the Byrdie Club. One newbie and 2 returning members: Winston Hall – Winston birdied the 1st hole. After the 1st hole, the rumors were going around that President Zwanch had brought in a ringer! President Zwanch brought Winston up to date with the Byrdie Club rules – birdie = pitcher of beer. (Easy rule.) Bill Gallagher got his bird on the 9th hole. I wonder if Kevin got the picture of it? Dave Deyette got his bird on the 5th hole, with a very fine chip shot to 6 inches to the pin. Good shots, gentlemen!

Yes, Kevin did get the picture of Bill's bird.

Eagle Club: I hear, but it wasn’t verified that Czar Pierce was going to lower the Eagle Club dues from 2 pitchers of beer to 1.

Subs: If I missed anyone, let me know.

08/19
Ron Waid / Ellen Panagrosso
Craig Michaud / Winston Hall
Ted Cowles / Mark Stadnicki
Gene Patrizzi

08/26
Ron Waid
Ted Cowles
Mike Galiszuski

Meyer will be sending out more information on the end of the year tournament, shortly.

Dave

*note – Kevin ‘Killer’ Kearns taught me some new words last night. Especially on my very fine chip shot on the 5th!























Dave's "very fine" chip shot.

On a very wet course, golf shoes are a must (Manny)!

Standings after Week 14:

10) Mackin / Pierce (40.0 points)
4) Frankel / Larson (40.0 points)
3) Kearns / Russell (40.0 points)
1) Deyette / Stadnicki (39.0 points)
6) Hemphill / Waid (37.0 points)
9) Michaud / Zwanch (36.0 points)
5) Housman / Morano (34.0 points)
8) Dolan / Galiszuski (29.5 points)
7) Myers / Patrizzi (29.0 points)
2) Gallagher / Keilich (25.5 points)

In case anybody forgot why the course is named "Airways".



No comments:

Post a Comment