Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Week 5

Once again, I like to thank Airways for the ‘free’ use of the golf carts. It helped a lot!

I did notice we played a lot of shade golf last night.

Welcome to new golfer Mark Stadnicki! Mark teamed up with Mike Renick to take on the 1st place team. The Team of Subs slowed down the golfing machine of Mackin/Pierce, taking 3.5 points out of 5.

SandBagger of the Week: Is Jason Zwanch with a fine net of 27. John Hemphill was wondering, Jason should have been giving him strokes, not the other way around! Good round, Jason!

(I don’t care what the stats say, I know it was Kevin Kearns.) Just a note, my opponent shot a 39 (gross) and that was with missing 3 short birdie putts! At least I won the LAST hole (ha)!!!! I guess I just bring out the best in Kevin. Also a great round!

There are lies, damn lies, . . .


. . . and Kevin's scorecard.

Byrdie Club: President Jason (*see SandBagger of the Week), helping his own cause, birdied the 14th hole. (We call the 14th the turtle hole, right Bill.) There were also 3 new members to the Byrdie Club: Kevin (39) Kearns, Mark Stadnicki, and Dave Deyette. Kevin got his bird on the 11th hole because he missed his eagle putt! Mark also birdied the 11th hole. I bet Rob thought I brought in a ringer to play against him. I got my bird on the 18th. The only hole Kevin let me win, because he missed his birdie. Good shooting Golfers!

We don't want to say it was playing slow out there, but . . .

We were on the 17th hole and we thought we heard a clap of thunder. We were later told that it was a barn shot from the 18th tee. Good shot Mike R.

This is why they have the golfers on the side of the barn – as a target!

I was playing so bad, that I tried to ‘donate’ a ball on the 18th tee, into the woods, and I don’t think I even made the pond. The rest of the 4-some humored me and said I did.

Thinks that make you go hmmmm. Mark Stadnicki got a birdie on the 11th. We have to wait 2 years before he’s old enough to buy!

Like always if you need a sub. Vacation time is starting; let us know early so we can line up a sub.

Dave

Standings after Week 5:

10) Mackin / Pierce (19.5 points)
3 Kearns / Russell (17.5 points)
9 Michaud / Zwanch (14.5 points)
6 Hemphill / Waid (14.5 points)
4 Frankel / Larson (13.5 points)
8 Dolan / Galiszuski (10.5 points)
7 Myers / Patrizzi (10.5 points)
1 Deyette / Stadnicki (10.5 points)
5 Housman / Morano (8.5 points)
2 Gallagher / Keilich (5.5 points)

"Ace" Patrizzi opened up a huge can of Whoop-Ass on Bill.


Dave and Len were panning for gold . . . Pinnacle Gold!


Why was Hermann wearing his underwear on his head?


Always a welcome sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment